Voting begins on September 6, 2022, at 10 a.m. (CDT)
Director Election Information
- Election Period. September 6 through October 5, 2022. Director election voting begins and paper ballots are mailed to members September 6. Those casting electronic ballots may vote beginning at 10 a.m. (Central). Voting closes at 10:00 a.m. (Central) October 5.
- Vote In Each Director District Race. Just a reminder – because the RGEC director election is “at large”, you may vote for one candidate in EACH of the races for a place on the board, regardless of the director district in which you reside or own property.
- Electronic Ballots. The election will be conducted by the firm of Survey & Ballot Systems. All electronic election materials will be coming to you from the directvote.net domain. It is important that you set your permissions to allow emails from this domain prior to the start of the election, in order to receive the electronic ballot and candidate profiles.
- Access Electronic Voting Portal from our homepage. Just click on the Vote button on the home page.
- Voting With SmartHub. Registered SmartHub users can vote quickly and easily electronically using the “Vote Now” button.
- Paper Ballots/Snail Mail. Those receiving their election materials by US Postal Service mail, should remember to complete their ballot promptly and return it to the specified address (NOT RGEC). Completed ballots must be received by the election administrator in Eden Prarie, MN by October 5, in order to be valid. Please allow plenty of time for your ballot to reach its final destination. RGEC is not responsible for late or misdirected mail.
- Election Results. The results of the director election will be announced during the emPOWER Summit, RGEC’s 77th Annual Meeting, to be held virtually Saturday, October 8, 2022.