Job TypeFull-Time, Non-Exempt
Position will perform routine clerical, filing, and data entry tasks for accounting data including accounts payable, billing, plant and receivables.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct routine data entry management for accounting records including accounts payable, billing, plant and accounts receivable.
- Review billing statements, invoices, and similar documents for accuracy; alert supervisory staff of any discrepancies.
- Distribute accounting reports as directed.
- May assist with mail distribution, answering telephones, and other clerical tasks as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Learn and comply with Cooperative’s safety rules and procedures
- Maintain confidential information
- Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data into computer software and systems
- Basic mathematical skills
- Good verbal communication skills in the English language
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain a harmonious working relationship with all Cooperative employees
- Possess a valid Texas drivers’ license
- Insurable with the Cooperative's auto insurance carrier
- Must be or become certified in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Office environment
- Some overtime hours may be required
- Subject to travel
- To ensure all employees are provided with drug free and alcohol-free working conditions, pre-employment, post- accident, reasonable cause and random drug and alcohol tests are conducted on all employees.
- Required to pass a physical examination when employed
- Must have sufficient health to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the job
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, or carrying of weights