Energy efficiency is a choice
Efficient energy use, sometimes simply called energy efficiency, is the effort to reduce the amount of energy required to provide products and services. Initiating a few easy steps may help you reduce your impact on the environment, and your wallet.
- Test the efficiency of your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit. View the Three-Step HVAC Test (JPG).
- Don’t waste – insulate. Proper insulation reduces energy costs. View the Insulate Your Home to Lock In Efficiency and Savings (JPG).
- ENERGY STAR-certified appliances provide more energy savings. View the ENERGY STAR Buyers Guide (JPG).
- Full loads equal fewer cycles. View the Laundry for Less (JPG).
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) use about 80% less energy. View the Save Energy with LEDs (JPG).
- One room at a time. View the A Full House of Energy Savings (JPG).
- Check your windows, summer temperatures are already here. View the Energy Efficiency Tip of the Month (JPG).
- Labels can be confusing. View the Lighting Labels and Lingo (JPG).
View our Energy Assistance by County (TX) (PDF) or call (877) 541-7905, and select option 1. You will be prompted to enter your zip code and the call will be routed to the correct office. Or visit the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs website.
SmartHub Usage Alerts
View the SmartHub Power Usage Alert (PDF) to learn how you can set up alerts to eliminate surprises with your power usage.
Home Energy Saver
Save money, live better, help the earth. Enter your zip code or a previous session number.Online Energy Audit